Tuesday 25 February 2014

Pear and Quark Pastry Parcels

Yesterday I started the week off with my usual swimming and after school I went to the gym; in the past three weeks I've managed to go twice a week! It might not seem like that much but for me its a milestone, I also find the more you go the more you actually want to go back.
In the evening I made up a recipe as I had some "Blaetter Teig" - puff pastry in the fridge. It's pretty yummy so I thought I'd share the recipe:

I cut up a pear, added some sugar and cinnamon (and a bit of ginger), threw it in a pot and turned up the heat.
I cut up my pastry into squares and put a blob of Quark in the middle of each one - and covered it in cinnamon.

 When the pears were soft I added them to the pastry.

 I folded up the pastry into little parcels...


And sprinkled them with cinnamon again!
I put them in the oven for around 10 - 15 minutes, until they were lightly brown.
 This is how they came out!






Yum yum yum, easy recipe and the pear and quark is healthy! Yay!

UPDATE: I made this recipe again last night, but if you add a few blobs of apfelmus into the parcel before you cook it it turns into mini apfelstrudels! (I was also lazy and cut the whole section of cooking the pears beforehand - I put them in raw and into the oven and they still tasted good! Saves some time too).

No comments:

Post a Comment