Wednesday 7 May 2014

Vegetable Puff Pastry Tart

Haven't played around with puff pastry for a while so thought I would experiment again as I find it so fun and easy!


I must admit, this recipe is still missing something that but I can't figure out what! Maybe goats cheese instead of normal cheese?? Try it out and see what you think.
Here's the recipe!
You will need:
Onion
Red Pepper
Broccoli  (you can pick any other vegetables you want, this is just what I had! Courgette, mushrooms or garlic are a good idea)
Puff pastry
Quark (You can also buy krauter/herb quark, or if you can't find it creme fraiche will do!)
Basil leaves
Grated cheese (or try goats cheese!)
I didn't use this as I didn't have it but pesto must taste so good with this!

Here's what you have to do:
First cut up all your vegetables and put them in a pot, turn it on and cook until they're soft.

In the mean time, get out your puff pastry and cut into squares (you should get four squares out of one pack).
Turn the edges up to make little "walls" and spoon quark into the middle.

Tear up your basil leaves and sprinkle them on
The basil leaves seriously make a difference so I wouldn't recommend leaving them out!

Season your vegetables (salt, pepper, marjoram and anything else you have), and when they're done spoon them onto your puff pastry!

I also added a bit more seasoning on top!



Sprinkle with cheese (also optional) and put in the oven for around 25 minutes - as I've said before I have a crappy mini oven so the time might be a bit different for your oven, cook until the pastry is slightly brown and it looks good!
Take it out and enjoy



Yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment