Wednesday 25 June 2014

Vegan Banana Muffins Recipe

So after yesterdays fail of a Vegan cake, I picked myself up and tried again!



These muffins are AMAZING, I've made them for tomorrow as we're all going to a beer garden to watch the next Football game: Germany vs ..someone...? I'm only just getting into the whole football thing so I'm still learning!
Anyway I just tried one of these muffins (have to test to make sure they taste okay right?!) and they are soooo good! Warm, bursting with flavour -  and vegan too!


Here's the recipe which makes 8 muffins in total:

You will need:

3 ripe bananas
1 cup normal sugar (can also be brown, I added some vanilla sugar in there too)
1/4 cup of vegan margarine (or you can use oil) 
2 cups flour (use wholemeal flour for a healthier option!)
1 tsp baking powder
A pinch of salt
A baking tray for muffins/muffin cases (however I use both as I find paper muffin cases are so weak and you never get a good structured muffin!)

You can also add nuts or raisins - but as I'm allergic to nuts I obviously left them out.

Here's what to do:

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius 

Mash up your bananas and add the margarine/oil and sugar. Mix. Slowly add the flour, baking powder and salt and fold the mixture (this basically means don't mix it too fast otherwise the mixture toughens up and it won't be so soft in the end).

Grease your tin (if it's silicon you don't need to! Lucky thing) or if you have paper muffin cases grease with a bit of oil - I'm always worried the paper will stick. An oil spray is more practical and I'm definitely going to buy one for next time!

Fill 2/3 of your muffin cases with the mixture and pop in the oven for 25 - 30 minutes!


My muffin cases were a teeny bit too big for my muffin tray - but as you can see I just squashed them in and they came out fine.
Take them out when they're golden brown and yummy!




Don't they look beautiful!


I now have to resist the urge to eat all of them until tomorrow, I better start packing them away before I can't stop myself!


Have fun baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment